Is there a medical need?
In cardiovascular surgery, there is a great medical need for hemostasis in surgical procedures of the heart and coronary arteries.
Moreover, sealing capabilities to provide suture support in vascular surgery are highly demanded. Liquid tight suture hole sealing on top of accelerating the hemostatic cascade are values of a hemostasis and sealant patch as a dual-action-patch in a range of cardiovascular indications demonstrated by evidence based medicine.
Options in cardiovascular surgery for using Corza sealant patch for hemostasis and sealing and Quill® for soft tissue approximation*
The most important surgical procedures for using Corza sealant patch for hemostasis and sealing and Quill to close the wound:
- Dissecting aortic aneurysms
- Sealing of an aortotomy after cardiac valve repair
Corza dual patch product capabilities
Hemostasis and Sealing capabilities of our products merge distinct technologies and devices into a unified whole solution for these surgical challenges:
Air & body liquid sealant
Quill® offers benefits to soft tissue approximation in the aforementioned cardiac procedures, where the use of barbed sutures is appropriate:
Time saving and efficiency
Security and strength
Improved surgical outcomes
Examples of product performance in selected cardiovascular procedures
Better control of bleeding in a cardiopulmonary bypass
- Control of bleeding in cardiovascular surgery: a hemostasis and sealant patch vs. standard treatment
- 119 patients after operations on the heart or surrounding vessels
- After primary Hemostasis, randomised to:
- Hemostasis and sealant patch group (n = 59)
- Control group (n = 60)
- Primary endpoint:
- Hemostasis after 3 minutes
- Secondary endpoints:
- Hemostasis after 6 minutes
Patients in whom Hemostasis was achieved after 3 and 6 minutes
Case studies for cardiovasuclar surgery
Collagen fleece after ascending aorta and aortic arch replacement
Support of hemostasis and sealing.
- Extensive pathologies of the aortic arch with involvement of the ascending aorta, aortic arch and descending aorta can treated in a one-stage procedure using the frozen elephant trunk technique.
- A hybrid graft is inserted, consisting of a conventional graft for arch repair and a stent graft segment for treating distal aortic segments.
- The operation is performed on a stopped heart in hypothermia.
- Because the procedure is performed in deep hypothermia, there is an increased risk of bleeding postoperatively.
- Fleece adhesion is an additional option for sufficient hemostasis.
- 60-year-old patient with a 55 mm long aneurysm in the scending aorta and a 50 mm long aneurysm in the aortic arch.
- Indication to insert an arch graft.
- Lymph sealing with Corza sealant patch after a venous bypass due to vascular occlusion.
- Use of Corza sealant patch for suture support of a distal of a bypass following stent graft occlusion
- Suture support with Corza sealant patch for placement of a patch graft after thromboendarterectomy (TEA) due to an ICA stenosis
- Use of Corza sealant patch for suture support and hemostasis following a venous bypass of an aneurysm
- Use of Corza sealant patch for hemostasis of stitch canal bleeding in the context of a Y-graft interposition for a suture aneurysm
- Improved hemostasis with Corza sealant patch after thromboendarterectomy (TEA) and placement of a ePTFE patch for a femoral artery stenosis
- Lymph sealing with Corza sealant patch after placement of a Dacron®patch graft for PAOD stage III
- Collagen fleece after ascending aorta and aortic arch replacement
- Use of Corza sealant patch after transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) due to aortic valve stenosis
- Better control of bleeding in a cardiopulmonary bypass
- Corza sealant patch in cardiovascular emergency operations
- Retrospective cohort study on Corza sealant patch in sutureless repair for postinfarction left ventricular free wall rupture
- Meta-analysis of surgical treatment for postinfarction left ventricular free-wall rupture.
- Hemostatic and sealing applications of Corza sealant patch in cardiac surgery
- Standard EP Device Pocket Closure using Quill® Barbed Suture
- Corza sealant patch in case of TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation)
- Using Corza sealant patch for sealing anastomoses during cardiac revascularisation surgery
- Corza sealant patch after replacement of ascending aorta and aortic arch
How can we help you?
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Please click here to contact Corza Medical for all your questions, comments, medical information inquiries, or suggestions.
Who can I contact if I need to report an adverse event?
Please use one of the following contacts if you wish to address a medical information request, a complaint or pharmacovigilance topics.
Will the terms and conditions stay the same?
Yes, the terms and conditions under which the Corza sealant patch products have been supplied to you by Takeda will remain unchanged until such terms and conditions are either terminated or renegotiated.
Corza sealant patch in cardiovascular surgery and Corza Wound Closure solutions
Clinical publications and further literature