Quill™ Barbed Suture
Security with every stitch. Savings with every suture.
The Quill™ barbed suture is a time-saving closure device that eliminates the need to tie knots to secure the closure. The barbed design evenly distributes tension offering a unique combination of security and speed—increasing both efficiency and value.
- Helical barbed pattern maximizes tissue grab and hold
- Available in Uni-Directional and Bi-Directional configurations
- German-engineered needles with superior sharpness, penetration and strength characteristics
- Used in over 25M surgical cases and studied in more than 60 clinical papers
Quill comes in two barb configurations; bi-directional and uni-directional.
From conventional, precision and reverse cutting to taper and spatula designs, Surgical Specialties needles are designed for optimal performance. Each one is forged from a proprietary stainless steel alloy for maximum strength, ductility and hardness and manufactured with German-designed robotics to ensure quality and repeatability.
The new Quill packaging simplifies device delivery to the sterile field.
- Reduces suture memory
- Protects barbs
- Easy needle arming
- Clear identification
- Single foil barrier eliminates packaging waste
- Recyclable polypropylene tray
How Quill™ Barbed Suture Works
Quill Materials Guide
Comparable to Monocryl™ and Caprosyn™
Compares to PDS II
Comparable to Prolene™ and Surgipro™/Surgilene™